LIFE – CHANGING QUOTES
1) We are ashamed of the suspicions and rivalries, the dogmatism over non-essentials, the power-struggles and empire-building which spoil our evangelistic witness.
2) One of the many divine qualities of the Bible is this: that it does not yield its secrets to the irrelevant and censorious.
J. I. Packer
3) He who hath heard the Word of God can bear his silence
4) Nobody ever outgrows Scripture, the Book widens and deepens with our years.
Charles Haddon Spurgeon
5) My conscience is captive to the Word of God … Here I stand, I can do no other.
Martin Luther at Worms
6) The holiest moment of the Church service is the moment when God’s people – strengthened by preaching and sacrament – go out of the church door into the world to be the Church.
7) When mother Teresa received her Nobel Prize she was asked, “What can we do to help promote world peace?” “Go home and love your family” she replied.
8) While women weep, as they do now, I will fight, while little children go hungry, I will fight, while men go to prison in and out, in and out as they do now, I’ll fight, while there is a drunkard left, while there is a poor lost girl upon the streets, where there remains one dark soul without the light of God – I’ll fight! I’ll fight to the very end!